Sunday, March 6, 2011

Back

This is nice. I haven't posted in two weeks due to the vacation. It's nice to post again.
Ok.
This past week we watched Winter's Bone, a movie I wanted to see ever since I saw Dana Carvey host SNL this season. It's my favorite movie we've watched this year for sure. It seems as though I gravitate more towards the newer films, I don't know. I think there's just more a sense of presentness to them, makes it more relatable for me.
The thing about Winter's Bone is that it was so different from our lives. We all have our problems, some bigger than others, but none of our problems (I'm assuming) are to the extent of Ree's. It puts my life into perspective. It's not that it makes me feel better about my life, but upset that this happens. This is someone's reality. I was genuinely scared throughout the movie for that reason.
It was also knowing that Ree's life wasn't going to get better. That was a week of her life. But she still has to struggle. She's not going anywhere because she has to raise her family and she's going to be spending the rest of her life raising her family, unless her brother and sister leave and make something of themselves but by that time it could be too late for her. It's not fair. There's no solution. Usually when I watch a movie there's an obvious solution and when it happens I feel relieved but I just felt worse. I almost wanted them to lose their house just so they could lose it all and go on their separate ways. It's not fair.

No comments:

Post a Comment