Sunday, February 6, 2011

workshop/weekly blog

They would've been similar anyways so why not combine the two?
OK:
I'm really enjoying the seminars. I feel like I'm learning a lot of useful techniques that will help me in the future. I like how things make sense now. I always wondered why my pictures came out gray. And now I know why. I don't know if my dinky Sony has any sort of function to fix it but I'll look it up now that I know technical terms.
I liked talking about the effects of lighting and how it changes a photo's emotional value isn't something one usually thinks about when taking a photo. I'm happy that I can get more out of my photos now. It doesn't just have to be taking a new Facebook profile picture for a friend. Yeah, I know.
It's also nice to know the functions of the buttons on the camera. I only knew zoom and flash. Now I feel like I'm getting my monies worth.
Usually when I take a photo it's just to capture a memory, not so much for an artful reason. I don't know maybe I'll start experimenting with a camera to try and create something. Hm.
I've been trying to come up with ideas for the group project. I haven't thought of anything I feel is worth it. I know I want to do something with lighting, but again, nothing comes to mind. I'll keep thinking.
I'm really excited to learn (more).

1 comment:

  1. "Usually when I take a photo it's just to capture a memory, not so much for an artful reason"

    Much of art is concerned with memory. And if you apply a bit of art, perhaps when you try to capture a memory, rather than just getting the intellectual aspects of the event, you can grab the mood/emotional aspects of it.

    ReplyDelete