Sunday, November 28, 2010

Daily Practice. Again.

I'm still having trouble coming up with something to do for my daily practice to get better at what I want to do. Advertising.
I like the thought of my ideas influencing other people to do or buy something. It's funny. Well not really funny, kind of scary. That little things can influence a person so much. Little things like color and music. I don't think most people think about that. Most of the things you buy are because of the flashy advertisements not because you really need them. There's something fun about it.
I haven't got many ideas for what I could do. Basically because they're all the same idea. I wouldn't mind reading. I wouldn't mind do anything. I don't know. I don't know what to do that would actually help me improve on my knowledge/skill of advertising. Skill of advertising doesn't sound right. Skill of advertising.
I'm not totally sure what I have to do to work in advertising. I assume I need to take marketing or communications or advertising classes in college. But then what? Do I just apply for a job? Where do I start? What is the process? Where do I end? How much of the process am I a part of? Do I work alone or with a partner? Etc. etc. etc. I'm nervous.
I haven't got much influence to work off of. Only from what I see on television (Full House) and what I can assume.
I think reading would be most helpful. But I'd prefer to let you decide if you don't mind.
I figure there are hundreds and hundreds of books on propaganda that I could read up on. Read up on. That could help me(?). I'm really, really stuck. Really. I'd like to understand the business of it. Although this is an art program, business is an art. But I'm not sure how I could incorporate that into a daily practice. I'm just throwing out some of the things going in my head I'm lost. I am lost.
Repeat. Repeat. Repeat.

1 comment:

  1. Let me go through my books and see what I might have for you. You require INFORMATION... haha ah!

    ReplyDelete