Sunday, November 21, 2010

Daily Practice

When I grow up I want to work in advertising. Preferably writing commercials and jingles. I'm always coming up with jingles in my head and think of ways to improve commercials that are already out. I usually forget a few seconds later. But I'm happy I'll get to write them down to see how I can improve on them and eventually to see how much I've improved.
So I decided for my daily practice I'm going to write a jingle each day on anything I see.
I'm hoping this will help me become better at being creative on a dead line. And being creative in general.
I like the idea of maniplulating people into buy things. I like having that kind of control. If you think about it the only reason people buy anything is because of advertising. It's actually scary. To think just because something is bright red or sparkly with an upbeat tune people are more prone to buying it. It says a lot about us as a society. But now I'm getting off topic.
I think this will be fun. And will ultimately help me in college and hopefully when I get a job after college. Bite me economy.
Not hopefully. I will get a job i advertising. I will. I will I will.

1 comment:

  1. AH, now this whole advertising thing, boy, this makes tremendous sense and it explains so much about you. I'm not sure I agree with the practice exactly, but I certainly agree with the direction you wish to head in. Before you start the practice let's discuss it a bit.

    ReplyDelete