Sunday, September 19, 2010

The Explanation

The idea came to mind while I walking through my house the next morning. It was too obvious for me to think of.
There are certain areas, and objects I avoid routinely. The pictures are in order of what I see first to last in my day. Either because it's been branded into my head by my parents or it's just a pet peeve of mine.
Picture explanation:

Carpet threshold: there was just a scarring moment when I was younger and barefoot where it was way too cold. Not a big deal you say? Well I cried. Now I hop over it. And wear socks.

Door bumper: another traumatic event. When I was younger I tripped over it and banged my chin on the tile. Again. I cried.

Old concealer: I don't know how long it's been there but long enough for it to have grown some sort of mucus-y fungus (the green thing). I also don't know why it's never occured to anyone to throw it out. I still haven't thrown it out, even after taking the pictures. My arm turns into a noodle everytime I have to get something behind it. I touched it once by accident and immediately washed my hands. Twice.

Cracked tile: I don't like stepping on it.

Drain: When I was younger, once again, I was taking a shower and without realizing it a bar of soap had somehow made its way on top of the drain making the water level rise. It went up to my knees, I was shorter, and I nearly had a heart attack. I have a fear of whales and I imagined myself in the ocean and they were going to get me.

Shadow: the main focus is the shadow on the right side. I only step on the parts of the floor with light on them. At night I have a personally carrier. He carries me.

Rip in the rug: there's wood under the rug. I went exploring, yes when I was younger, to find out if it was really wood. I got a splinter.

Display: "This is worth more than you."

Display number 2: "This is worth even more..."

Storage room: It's cold and dusty and last I was in there a cricket jumped on my leg.

No comments:

Post a Comment