Monday, May 7, 2012

Today I attempted to paint a Poland Springs water bottle using oil paints, and I think I was pretty successful. I thought it looked realistic enough. I'm thankful that my paintings are progressing nicely. They seem to be getting significantly better. It's become more natural now, almost like a flow. Though, I'm having trouble mimicking the actual shape of the objects/people/etc. that I'm painting. I'm not very good at drawing realistically. However, I like abstract better. I personally find it easier because it feels more natural. I also think it makes for a more interesting piece. But, it would only help me to know how to draw. It would open many new doors for me, more than just artistically. This could really helpful for major/career. I think drawing will be my "side salad."

2 comments:

  1. I honestly think they're coming along too! As much as this may sound like complete bullshit, I don't think I can even paint still life with oils as good as you can. Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That means a lot, thanks! I appreciate it. ❀◕ ‿ ◕❀

    ReplyDelete