Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack

So, uh. It's kind of been awhile since I've posted on this. Vacation, illness, life, etc gets in the way sometimes. But I'm here now if you want me to be. Yes? You do? Ok.
A few days ago was STAC Live, my very first one in fact. It was fun. I think for the most part the reaction from the audience was good, although not everyone there was respectful. That's ok though, not everyone is going to like what you're doing, nor is everyone always going to like you. No problem. I just wish some of the comments could have been kept silent but again: no problem.
Due to my being sick I couldn't participate in STAC Live as much as planned. Contrary to what you may have thought I didn't mind being in the dance. I would've preferred to not be in it and I guess ultimately I got my wish. Anytime something is asked of me that I'm not really comfortable with I still do. In the end I know it'll make me better. I'm sure there would be some circumstances where I would probably have to object but that would be something extreme. No I'm not going to think of an example because I'm just not feeling that clever tonight. Sorry.
On every season of America's Next Top Model there would be a "makeover" episode where they would get all new haircuts and a label for their style. There would always be that one girl who would cry about how much she loves her long hair and doesn't want to dye it, even if it made her look 10x better. When I think about that it helps me when I'm put in situations that I don't want to be in, i.e. dancing, because I know in the end it would make me more comfortable with myself, etc. I know the deal, I know I'm awkward, I know you're trying to change that. Good luck.
And thank you Tyra.

1 comment:

  1. You are too funny. And you are very sweet.

    The second semester of STAC is about Alison.

    ReplyDelete