Thursday, February 16, 2012

Acting Workshop

I've always liked the idea of acting. In my head it seems so easy, understanding and breaking things down usually isn't a problem for me. However, when it comes to producing it on stage, I have no idea what I'm doing. I just kind of read the lines and see what happens. Sometimes it works. I find when I think about the lines it's more unnatural and uncomfortable. I never realize what I'm doing or how I did until afterwards when I get feedback. I don't think I've done too terribly in anything so far, or at least that's what I'm led to believe. We'll see. I think it also depends on the scene and the character. Today it worked out in my favor. I got a character I could relate. However, if I were given Ms. Mendoza, I probably would've crumbled. I don't like to be loud.
I've found acting to be fun. I think acting is a great skill to have even if you're not pursuing it as a career. I think it's useful to know how to act, because it can only help in certain situations. I also believe that it helps you to see when others are acting. It's kind of a funny thing. I've already started to notice it in, just a tiny bit.
Overall I think acting was the best workshop for me. I can't believe I learned as much as I did in just a week. I like it.

1 comment:

  1. "I also believe that it helps you to see when others are acting."

    Absolutely true. Acting really lays bare a lot of human behavior. It is hard to lie to a good actor!

    I think we need to push you into some more uncomfortable directions - like Ms. Mendoza. Stuff like that can only help to expand you, and let you discover more about yourself and all the things you can do.

    I'm glad this was a good experience overall.

    ReplyDelete